Dakota Valley Recycling is looking for a passionate Recycling Intern to assist in the planning, implementation, and management of recycling and waste abatement programs for the cities of Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, and Lakeville.
The Recycling Intern will assist DVR by:
- Developing strategies to improve DVR's social media presence.
- Attending events, presentations, and booths hosted by or in partnership with DVR.
- Verifying recycling best management practices in municipal parks and facilities.
- Assisting with the coordination of collection event and reuse opportunities.
- Providing technical assistance to multifamily properties as requested.
- Must have one year of college or vocational school in Environmental Science or related field.
- Must have knowledge and experience using social media.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License or be eligible to be licensed in the State of Minnesota.
- A background or interest in local government work serving the community.
This is a flexible position with an ideal start date in March and end date in October or agreed upon end date.
Posting closes 2/26/2024 at 11:59 PM Central.