The Cities of Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, and Lakeville have open collection for their trash and recycling services. This means that the city licenses several companies to collect garbage and recycling for residents but the city itself does not actually pick up any trash and recycling. It is up to residents to choose from any of these licensed haulers below to set up garbage and recycling service in their respective city.
Do you live in a:
- Single-family home or duplex?
- a home that has individual garbage and recycling bins, separate from your neighbors (not dumpsters)?
- a home that is not part of an association?
If you answered yes to any of these, view the graphic below for a list of haulers licensed to do business in your city.
- Offered in this city
If you answered no to those questions, your hauler options may be different. Garbage hauling for multi-family residences and commercial properties are licensed separately and therefore your hauler directory is different from the ones above. The following are considered multi-family homes:
- Most apartments, townhomes or other homes in an association, condominiums, fourplexes, etc.
- Homes that have dumpsters for garbage and recycling
- Homes that have individual garbage and recycling bins, but are part of an association or complex.
Dakota County offers many free resources to start or improve recycling at apartments, condominiums, townhomes, and independent senior living. Available resources include containers, labels, tote bags, and education.
Visit the Dakota County Multifamily Recycling Program webpage for more information and application methods.
Do you have other questions about garbage and recycling hauling in your city? Call 952-895-4559 or contact us via email.